Sunday, June 1, 2014

Introductions

Me, today

Hello BLOGJUNE! I thought I'd start with a bit of an introduction on this first day. I'm a Perth librarian, I live and work in the city, and the library I manage is (a lot of the time) a one-person library. Well, kind of… it belongs to a network of six college libraries, and all of the others are located around Australia. So what that means is that I spend a lot of time on Skype, and the rest of the time looking after the Perth campus library and our lovely academic staff and natural medicine students. It's an academic library, a special library, and a health library. It's my first job since graduating in 2013 and I love it. 

I participated in Blogjune last year and posted about library life and the ANZ 23 Mobile Things PD course that I was doing at the time. This year I'll be posting about library life and perhaps also the 23 Mobile Things course as I do it again, guiding my fellow library staff (16 of them around the country!) through, as well as other reflections, most of them about academic library stuff, technology, and my readings. I'll enjoy reading any fellow Blogjuners who post mostly about Library-related stuff, or who are a good read (cos, I love to read!).

I try not to mix my personal and professional lives, but there will be bits and pieces of non-library stuff in this blog for Blogjune, because I have to think of something to write every single day. I've got some ideas ready to go, and will seek inspiration in the blogs of others, and try my best to be active in the comments too! I think blogging everyday will get the creative juices flowing and be a good way to make connections with others in the library community. Thanks Con for organising :) and bring it on, bloggers.


No comments:

Post a Comment