Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Coding again



I'm being unfaithful to Codecademy today and am trying out Dash. Like Codecademy, it rushes straight into fun projects, and hardly spends any time explaining. So they basically give you a template and let you customise it, like I've done here. I undertook two projects today. One was to design a personal homepage, and the other was a blog. Here's some of the things I learnt along the way. How to...

  • change an image's size, shape and border
  • use an image for a web page background
  • make an email input button
  • use Javascript to make an interactive 'Like' button
  • make a design that is responsive to mobile formats
  • make a navigation bar (and a transparent one at that!)
  • use CSS to style and position everything
  • and more.
I'm having way too much fun with all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment